Abramov Vladimir K.,
Doctor of Historical Sciences, Head of the Department of History and Ethnography, Interregional Research Center of Finno-Ugric Studies, Ogarev Mordovia State University (Saransk, Russia), email@example.com
The article considers the activities of the outstanding military and statesman of Finland K. G. E. Mannerheim, and his attitude towards Russia. Stage by stage it examines his professional career in Russia and concludes about his honest and faithful service to the Russian Empire until its collapse. It also provides an overview of his work as Chief of the Finnish army, the regent and the President of Finland.
Keywords: Mannerheim; officer and a general of the Russian army; Russian-Japanese War (1904–1905); The First World War (1914–1918); Finnish Civil War; Winter War; The Second World War (1939–1945); Commander in Chief; the president.
1. Abramov, V. K. (2006), Mordovia during the Second World War, Compilation of articles, Saransk, p. 4–97.
2. Abramov, V. K. (2010), Mordovian national movement, Ed. 2, Saransk: Mordovia State University.
3. Abramov, V. K. (2001), Domestic historiography of the Soviet-Finnish war of 1939–1940. New aspects, History in culture, culture in the history, Proceedings of V Safargaliev readings, Saransk, p. 102–105.
4. Aptekhar, P. A. (2004), Soviet-Finnish War, Moscow: Yauza; Eksmo.
5. Boffa, J. (1990), History of the Soviet Union in 3 vol., Vol. 1, Moscow: International Relations.
6. Vlasov, L. V. (2005), Mannerheim, Moscow: Molodaya Gvardia.
7. Military reconnaissance expedition in China, 1906–1908, available: http://borianm.livejournal.com/21592.html [accessed 29 October 2016].
8. Why do we need the war memorial? available: http://www.rosbalt.ru/piter/2016/10/21/1560806.html [accessed 23 October 2016].
9. The Winter War of 1939–1940 (1999), Vol. 1, Moscow: Nauka.
10. The Winter War. Documents on the Soviet-Finnish relations in 1939–1940 (1989), International Affairs, № 8, p. 51–68.
11. Sakharov, A. N. ed. (2008), History of Russia, Moscow: Prospect.
12. History of Russia. The twentieth century (1997), Moscow: AST.
13. Mannerheim, K. G. (1999), Memoirs, Moscow: Vagrius.
14. Leningradskaya Pravda, 2 December, 1939.
15. Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim: Biography, available: http://pomnipro.ru/memorypage4634/biography [accessed 28 October 2016].
16. Mari, V. (1997), Mannerheim – Marshal of Finland, Moscow: New Literary Review.
17. Homeland, 1995, № 4.
18. Sergei Ivanov opened a memorial in honor of Carl Mannerheim, available: https://rg.ru/2016/06/16/reg-szfo/v-peterburge-ustanovili-pamiatnuiu-dosku-annergejmu.html [accessed 23 October 2016].
19. Tippelskirch, K. (1956), History of the Second World War, Moscow: Publishing House of Foreign Literature.
20. Fomin, S. Baron Mannerheim: Russian General or Finnish Field Marshal? available: http://rusk.ru/st.php?idar=322935 [accessed 23 October 2016].