Kondratenko Yury A.,
Doctor of Arts, Head of the Department of Performing Arts, Ogarev Mordovia State University (Saransk, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Loginova Marina V.,
Doctor of Philosophy, Professor, Department of Cultural Studies and Ethnic Culture, Ogarev Mordovia State University (Saransk, Russia), email@example.com
The article deals with the topical issue of returning to basics in modern neo-traditional art of Mordovia. Special focus is paid to the process of form- and content-making in folk-dancing.
Keywords: form and content in art; dance language; expressive dance; folk-style dancing; form-making; content-making.
1. Bakhtin, M. M. (1986), Literary and critical articles in S. Bocharov and V. Kozhinov (ed.), Moscow: Hudozhestvennaja literature.
2. Bakhtin, M. M. (1986), Aesthetics of verbal creativity in S. G. Bocharov (ed.), 2nd eds., Moscow: Iskusstvo (Art).
3. Deleuze, G. (1998), Difference and Repetition, Saint Petersburg: TOO TK “Petropolis”.
4. Kondratenko, Yu. A. (2008), Category of “Typical” in the theory and history of dance, Observatory of Culture, № 6, p. 96–101.
5. Kondratenko, Yu. A. and Loginova, M. V. (2012), New trends in the development of modern choreography in Mordovia, Finno-Ugric world, № 1/2, p. 50–53.
6. Kondratenko, Yu. A. (2016), Space and time in the structure of expressive dance language, Proceeding of the Conference “Bakhtin in the modern world”, Saransk, 25–26 November 2015, Saransk, p. 288–292.
7. Kondratenko, Yu. A. and Loginova, M. V. (2012), Phenomenal characteristics of national contemporary art, Phoenix: annual bulletin of the Department of Cultural Studies, Ethnic Culture and Theater, № 13, Saransk, p. 41–43.
8. Krauss, R. (2003), The authenticity of the avant-garde and other modernist myths, Moscow: Art Journal.
9. Loginova, M. V. (2016), Sound as a problem of the philosophy of art, Historical, Philosophical, Political and Juridical Sciences, Cultural Studies and Art History. Questions of theory and practice, 4 (66), Part 1, p. 101–103.
10. Loginova, M. V. (2014), Formation of ethnical aesthetics methodology, Finno-Ugric world, № 4, p. 17.
11. Losev, A. F. (1927), Dialectics of art form, Moscow: Published by the author.
12. Merleau-Ponty, M. (1999), Phenomenology of Perception, Saint Petersburg: Juventa; Nauka.
13. Panofsky, E. (2004), Perspective as a “symbolic form”. Gothic architecture and scholasticism, Saint Petersburg: Azbuka-Classics.
14. Tillich, P. P. (1995), Selected works: Theology of Culture, Moscow: Yurist (Lawyer).
15. Florensky, P. A. (2000), History and Philosophy of Art, Moscow: Mysl’.
16. Hansen-Lowe, A. (2001), Russian Formalism: Methodological reconstruction of development on suspension principle basis, Moscow: Russian Language Culture.
17. Spengler, O. (1993), Decline of Europe. Essays on the morphology of world history. 1. Gestalt and reality, Moscow: Mysl’.