Mosin Mihail V.,
Doctor of Philology, Head of the Department of Finno-Ugric and Comparative Linguistics, Ogarev Mordovia State University (Saransk, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction. The newspaper, being considered a medium of mass communication, has unlimited accessibility, facilitating the transition from a pre-national, unformed and functionally limited state to a nationwide, normed and functionally expanded state. Given this meaning, the author provides a linguistic analysis of the newspapers texts published in the Erzyan language in the 1920s and 1930s. of XX century. The purpose of the article is to describe the journalistic language based on observations of certain linguistic indicators that reflect the formation and normalization of Erzya’s literary language. The object of research is the syntactic structure and lexical content of the texts of the first Erzya newspapers. Conclusions and provisions of the article can be used in the preparation of teaching manuals and lectures on the course “Lexicology of the Mordovian languages”.
Methods and Materials. When revealing typical linguistic indicators, the descriptive and comparative typological methods of investigation are applied. The empirical database were the newspapers Chin Styamo (Sunrise), Yakster Teshte (Krasnaya Zvezda), Yakster Sokitsa (Red Plowman), Erzyan Kommun (Erzyan Commune).
Results and Discussion. For a detailed description of the language material, it is classified according to the following lexical-thematic groups: a) texts containing socio-political information; b) texts reflecting the development of the economic system; c) texts on social, popular and cultural issues; d) texts of artistic works. In each of the groups, there are substantive, verb, adjective and adverbial phrases. The proposed article describes the lexical composition of substantive and verbal collocations.
Conclusion. As a result of the analysis of the syntactic structure and lexical composition it was concluded that in substantive and verbal phrases both native lexical elements, and borrowings from the Russian language or internationalists that are included in the Erzya language through Russian are equally represented. That allowed us to distinguish the combinations consisting of: a) original vocabulary; b) original vocabulary and borrowings; c) only borrowings.
Key words: word combination; syntactic structure; lexical composition; primordial vocabulary; borrowing; sentence.
For citation: Mosin MV. Leksicheskaia i sintaksicheskaia struktura slovosochetanii v tekstakh erzianskikh gazet 20–30-kh gg. XX v. [Lexical and syntactic structure of word combinations in Erzya newspapers of the 20–30s of the XX century]. Finno-ugorskii mir = Finno-Ugric World. 2017; 3: 32–38. (In Russian)
1. Bubrikh DV. Zvuki i formy erzianskoi rechi (po govoru s. Kozlovki Kozlovskogo raiona Mordovskoi obl.) [Sounds and forms of Erzyan speech (according to the dialect of the village of Kozlovka, Kozlovsky district, Mordovia region)]. Moskva; 1930. (In Russian)
2. Buzakov IS. Slozhnoe predlozhenie v mordovskikh iazykakh [Complex sentence in the Mordovian languages]. Saransk; 1973. (In Russian)
3. Koliadenkov MN. Grammatika mordovskikh (erzianskogo i mokshanskogo) iazykov. Sintaksis [Grammar of the Mordovian (Erzyan and Mokshan) languages. Syntax]. Saransk; 1954. (In Russian)
4. Koliadenkov MN. Struktura prostogo predlozheniia v mordovskikh iazykakh. Predlozhenie i ego glavnye chleny [Structure of a simple sentence in the Mordovian languages. The proposal and its main members]. Saransk; 1959. (In Russian)
5. Mosin MV. Leksicheskie osobennosti gazetnykh tekstov 20–30-kh godov ΧΧ veka na erzianskom iazyke [Lexical features of newspaper texts of the 20–30s of the 20th century in the Erzyan language]. Russkii iazyk v kontekste natsional’noi kul’tury: materialy mezhdunar. nauch. konf. (Saransk, 27–28 maia 2010 g.) = Russian language in the context of national culture: proceedings of the international. conf. (Saransk, May 27–28, 2010). Saransk; 2010: 14–21. (In Russian)
6. Mosin MV. Erzianskii iazyk v natsional’noi gazete 1920–2008 gg.: monografiia [Erzya language in the national newspaper of 1920–2008. Monograph]. Saransk; 2015. (In Russian)
7. Feoktistov AP. Ocherki po istorii formirovaniia mordovskikh pis’menno-literaturnykh iazykov (rannii period) [Essays on the history of the formation of Mordovian writing and literary languages (early period)]. Moskva; 1976. (In Russian)
8. Sheianova TM. Razvitie leksiki erzia-mordovskogo literaturnogo iazyka v sovetskuiu epokhu [The development of the vocabulary of Erzya-Mordovian literary language in the Soviet era]. Saransk; 1968. (In Russian)